Friday, February 17, 2012 at 5:33PM
I’ve decided to make this post weekly, which has two advantages: the list is bigger and I have to write it up less often.
Quite a list this week. I wish I could always be this productive.
- Bullfinch got large updates this week. It’s considerably more durable, has better logging and is much more resilient to failures.
- Net::Bullfinch is now faster and it’s iterator code has been fixed. It was broken in the switch to Memcached::Client
- Chart::Clicker has been updated with some minor fixes and improved documentation. I hope to spend some more time improve it’s documentation in the coming weeks.
- Flowdock annouced an API so I created Net::Flowdock. Jesse Luehrs — one of my co-workers — created Net::Flowdock::Stream then used both to create an IRC/Flowdock bridge.
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Dpkg::PerlbrewStarman was updated so that restarting a service works better.
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::ChangelogFromGit::Debian received an update that allows empty HEAD version to be included in the changelog output. It’s likely nobody but me needs that feature.
- Sent a pull request for cpanminus that adds dist.ini support for listdeps. This should enable Dist::Zilla based projects to work better with carton.
- Added expiring queue support to the upcoming 3.0 release of Kestrel. I got a lot of help from Kestrel’s author Robey Pointer.